Monday, October 10, 2011

Stalking of the Goonies House

First things first: I'm in love with Astoria, Oregon. It has a mysterious feel that I'm a complete sucker for, it's on the coast, it's swarming with craftsman houses which I drool over,  it has an arty and interesting downtown district and you hear sea lions barking as readily as you hear the seagulls. It's hard not to be charmed by this place.
Of course, Astoria has the added draw that Goonies was filmed there: a film that made me dream of living in Oregon when I was growing up and a film that my own kids adore. We couldn't pass up an opportunity to sniff this place out and act like giddy starstruck tourists out front...

Goonies never say die!

2 comments:

  1. It's hard not to love Astoria. Bonus that the Goonies was filmed there! Ups the cool factor enormously.

    ReplyDelete